Sunday, June 29, 2014

Forgive My Guilt


Forgive My Guilt
By: Holly Genova-Daly


Not always sure what things called sins might be,
I am sure of one sin I have done.
It was not a single incident, but a series of events,
All involving you, my love
We eventually lost that battle, still not sure about the war
Two lovers, in the same house, but in different universes

It didn’t start that way, of course.
We were close before the drift.
He slowly pulled away from us, from me.
Each day a little farther away from one,
Until the relationship that was, wasn’t.

Walking through church, restaurants, and stores
I see lovers, husbands and wives, laughing, playing, talking
It makes me happy
And sad

I silently pray for them and wish them well,
Knowing how quickly and painfully things can turn.
Looking back,
I wonder if I should have been kinder,
Whether I should have put my anger aside?

My sadness as lessened, but the pain is still raw
It never disappears.

Could I have offered more love?
I should have offered more love.

Too late now?
But I still hope…
That you my love, my husband, forgive my guilt

No comments:

Post a Comment